Last weekend, Mama and Daddy took me here to run my first road race! It was a 100 yard dash, and we got to wear costumes! It was really fun because it was at a park, so I got to play while we waited for the race to start. See the bouncy house? Normally I really like them, but this one had lots of big kids in it, so I decided not to bounce for very long.
When it was time for the race, Daddy and I walked to the start line together, and Mama stayed to greet me at the finish line.
I was really excited until we got to the start line and two big kids with HUGE angry bird costumes started swarming around me. I was so scared! When it was time to run, I didn't want to be next to them, so I made daddy walk with me WAY behind those scary birds.
When all the other scary costumes were out of the way, I let go of Daddy's hand and sprinted into Mama's arms. And they gave me this ribbon as a prize! Hooray!
1 comment:
Way to go, Elsie! Good running!
Love, Grandma C
Post a Comment