Friday, October 19, 2012

Stinky Pants and other tidbits

Mama:  Elsie, I smell something.  Is there something stinky in your pants?
Elsie:  No, Mama.  Elsie makes her poopers in the potty chair.
Mama:  Oh you do, do you?  I think I smell something in your pants...
Elsie:  Mama has stinky pants!
Mama:  No, I don't think it's me who has stinky pants.  Who else could it be?
Elsie:  Grandma RJ!
Mama:  No, it's not Grandma RJ.  Who else could it be?
Elsie:  Grandma Dorothy!
Mama:  No, it's not Grandma Dorothy.  Who else could it be?
Elsie:  Daddy!
Mama:  No, I don't think it's Daddy.  Who else could it be?
Elsie:  Maaaaaybe Elsie?
***

Daddy:  Elsie, I think we should get you a big hamster wheel and hook it up to a generator.
Elsie (eyes huge):  Yes!  Elsie would like that very much.  Daddy go get Mamster Wheel right now?

***

Playing on the iphone in bed, just like Daddy!


***

Elsie:  Mama, you want to look in Elsie's bottom?
Mama:  Look in your bottom?  What would I find in your bottom?
Elsie:  Elsie's tail!
Mama:  Your tail?  What kind of tail is it?  A kitty tail?
Elsie (grabbing my braid and shaking it):  No, Mama, it's a Mama tail in Elsie's bottom!

***

Elsie:  Daddy, I want to be just like you!
***

Elsie (While being tucked into bed):  Mama, Elsie wake up in two minutes, okay?
Mama:  Well, it's night time, so I think we better sleep longer than two minutes.  We need to rest our minds and rest our bodies so that we will be ready to play again tomorrow.
Elsie:  Okay.  Elsie go to sleep to rest.  Elsie be ready in two minutes!

***
 Giving myself a ride on my big-kid swing!
 ***

Elsie (while rubbing her eyes and laying her head on the table): Elsie is very sleepy.
Daddy: Maybe we should go lay down in your bed and take a rest?
Elsie (as she sprints out of the room): No! Elsie doesn't need to rest!


***

Elsie:  Elsie's baby had a pooper!  
Mama:  Oh, my!  Should we change her pants?  
Elsie:  No, her pants are clean!  
Mama:  Hmm...if her pants are clean, where did she make her pooper?  In the potty?
Elsie:  No!  On Elsie's foot.  See baby's pooper?
(No, it wasn't a "baby pooper"....it was a fur ball Elsie had stepped in.  Lovely.)

***

Daddy (upon "finding" Elsie "hiding" under the yoga mat):  Elsie!  There you are!  What are you doing in there?
Elsie:  Daddy, Elsie drinking tea in here.


No comments: