Thursday, November 17, 2011

Something new every day!

Being a toddler is lots of fun. The world is so big and full of fascinating things to discover! I learn something new every day. Lately a lot of my learning has been about going potty. I like to use my potty chair and the big potty chair, and have been trying to have all my poops on the potty like a big kid. I am doing a great job! I thought I understood the potty thing pretty well.

Tonight Mama and Daddy and I were playing trains in my room, and I was having some naked time. I decided to sit in Mama's lap to play, and while I was there I decided to make a poop. In Mama's lap. When I stood up, Mama seemed really surprised to see my poop. Daddy seemed surprised, too. He asked me, "Is Mama a potty chair, Elsie?". I smiled proudly at Daddy and said, "YES!". I guess that wasn't the right answer, because Mama and Daddy both laughed and said that poopers need to go in the potty chair, not on Mama. I thought the deal with potty training was to teach me to sit down whenever I need to poop, but I guess that the potty chair must have more to it than just being a fancy place to sit.

Yep, I learn something new every day! I wonder what tomorrow's lesson will be?

No comments: