Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Halloween fun!

My Halloween began on Sunday when Daddy and Mama took me to the mall to trick-or-treat. I loved watching the other kids walk around in their costumes! I didn't quite understand the whole trick-or-treating process, but I was sure excited to get so many cool, shiny-wrappered toys in my bag! Uncle G and my Kristin friend came, too...I love fooling around with them.





When the big Halloween holiday arrived, Mama took me to a local Halloween-themed petting farm to meet the animals. Boy, did I have a good time! Kittens! Sheep! Goats! Horses and donkeys (miniature and regular sized!)! Pigs! Chicks! Roosters, peacocks, ducks, turkeys, and other birds I didn't even know the names for!

There was also a HUGE sandbox. I spent the majority of my time there putting all the trucks into the big tractor wheel...I like to keep my toys organized!

The other attractions were a tower of pumpkins and a corn maze that was just my size (I finished perfectly the first time!). I also found a swing set with a view...I got to watch the deer play while I swung!











The exciting day ended with Mama and me taking a walk to our friend Heather's house to do some REAL trick-or-treating. I sat on her step and sorted the candy in her candy bowl for awhile while she and Mama talked, then I saw her pets through the door and decided to let myself inside her house. Two cats and a big doggie- what a fun place! Then I went into her kitchen, and found a banana! Hooray! Trick-or-treating is lots of fun when you get to choose your own treat!

On the way home from Heather's, I realized that Mama was holding out on me. The other kids that were walking around got to stop at EVERY house and get candy. Mama said I was too little, so I started throwing a tantrum at every driveway. Mama didn't relent until a nice lady laughed at me and waved us in from her doorway. Mama finally let me walk to the door and say "trick-or-treat." I tried to go into the nice lady's house, but apparently you don't get to pick a treat everywhere, just at Heather's house.

Since I didn't get a banana at that house (just another fun-colored wrapper), I wasn't as excited to keep trying more houses and I decided to let Mama carry me the rest of the way home. I insisted that we make one last stop, though- we went to the Kind's house so I could say "Happy Halloween" to my puppy friend, Cricket. All in all, it was a pretty fun day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun!
We are looking forward to seeing you and hearing all about it!
Grandma C

Ellen said...

Great post and great pictures! Thanks for sharing.