Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pool time with Mama and friends!

My friends and I went to the pool for the first time on Friday- it was so much fun! At first I was a little nervous, but it turns out swimming is just like taking a bath with your friends in a really big tub.

There were lots of toys to play with, like balls and fun noodles and rings. Right away I found a foam "d" (for Daddy!), and I carried that with me while I swam. Later I found an "E" (for Elsie!), and I hung on to that one, too.

My friends and I played swimming games that the lifeguard taught us (she even sang the silly songs for us). I really liked "Motor Boat, Motor Boat" and "If you are happy and you know it (blow some bubbles)" and "The Grand Old Duke of York."

We had two hours to play, but most of my friends lost interest after 45 minutes or so. That didn't bother me, though- I played and swam and splashed and kicked for an hour and a half before Mama decided it was time for me to go home and take a nap! I LOVE the pool!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elsie,
Wow, you are a big swimmer girl!
Love, Grandma C