Saturday, April 02, 2011

Meeting a Great-Great Aunt and Uncle!

Mama, Daddy and I drove to Dubuque, Iowa, to have lunch with some relatives I'd never met- a great-great aunt and uncle (on my mama's side)! Helen Beth and Galen were in town to help Wartburg Seminary celebrate the 125th anniversary of its mission work in Papua New Guinea- the very mission work that led my great-great aunt and uncle to meet and eventually marry.


It turns out that great-great-aunts and uncles are lots of fun! We laughed a lot, and they even took me to a New Guinea museum so I could see the beautiful masks, jewelry, tools, and handcrafts made by the indigenous peoples. I liked the photos and model boats the best!



Helen Beth and Galen eventually had to leave Dubuque to start the long journey home to Fargo-Moorhead, MN. Check back tomorrow to learn about how I spent the rest of my time in Dubuque!

No comments: