***
Elsie: "Mama, I really want a goose."
Mama: "Ooh, that would be fun. Geese sometimes bite, though, so they probably wouldn't make good pets."
Elsie: "Oh. That's okay- I'd rather have a pony."
***
Reading Jamberry at storytime before bed...
Mama: "...a band in Berryland!"
Elsie: "BERRYLAND??? Oh, wow! Maybe when I grow up I can go there, too!"
And reading Bear Wants More, and explaining hibernation and springtime hunger...
Elsie: "Bear eats grass? Will bears eat my grass so I don't have to mow? How very nice of them!"
And reading Bear Wants More, and explaining hibernation and springtime hunger...
Elsie: "Bear eats grass? Will bears eat my grass so I don't have to mow? How very nice of them!"
***
![]() |
| Sleepy Sylvie on her walk with Daddy and Elsie |
***
Elsie: "Mama, you can dip this (saltine) in your coffee! That will make it more yummier!"
Mama: "Oh, yum! This is actually tea, though...do you want to try some?"
Elsie: "No, tea is not my favorite. What kind of tea is it?"
Daddy: "Tension Tamer Tea."
Elsie: "Tessin' Tomer? That is my favorite kind of tea!"
***
***
In the car:
Elsie: "Mama, what are you eating? "
Mama: "Just a piece of gum."
Elsie: "Can I have a gum?"
Mama: "Well, gum is really just for Mamas and Daddys."
Elsie: "Hmmm. But I am growing up! Maybe tomorrow I will be big and we can go to the gum store and get me a gum that I can try for my own self!"
***
After changing songs in the car:
Elsie: "Mama, this new song is NOT my favorite."
Mama: "It's a good song! It says, "Everything will be all right." Isn't that a good thing to say?"
Elsie: "Oh, Mama, you are so silly! Don't you know that songs can't talk?"
***
While discussing dinner options...
Elsie: "Or we can have toast!"
Daddy: "Toast?"
Elsie: "Yes, toast is a great thing to have outside!"
We think that this idea sprung from the fact that we recently moved our old couch onto the curb for garbage pick-up, and Elsie and daddy have been having nightly "popsicle picnics" for at snack time, on the couch, watching the cars go by.
***
Mama: "Look, Elsie! You got a letter in the mail from Grandpa David!"
Elsie: "Oh, boy! A letter for me from Grandpa David? How very nice of him! Maybe I should open it up and see what he has to say!"
***
***
***
Elsie: "I want to go outside and play on my swing set!"
Mama: "Oh, no. That swing set is just for bunnies. Girls can't use that swing set, just little bunnies."
Elsie (looking dejected): "Oooh..."
Mama: "Unless...well, if you are a really good jumper, maybe the bunnies will let you play, too. Are you a really good jumper?"
Elsie: "Wait! Oh, Mama, you are making a JOKE! Ha ha! You are FUNNY!"'
***
Reasons Elsie can't go to bed:
-she needs to go outside to catch lightening bugs
-it's too stinky in her room (after using the potty chair)
-Daddy read her stories, but she actually wanted a song instead
-she is hungry (after choosing not to eat dinner)
-she is hungry (after choosing not to eat dinner)
-she can't see the "Rowcare" (scarecrow) in her book
-she has panda jammies on and wanted to wear dinosaur jammies
-she has panda jammies on and wanted to wear dinosaur jammies
-Baby Pongo (stuffed animal) doesn't have his jammies on
-she didn't want to read the bedtime stories she chose, she actually wanted to read different stories
-it's actually time to get up, not time to sleep
-she already DID sleep
-we might need to go outside and make sure that Kermit is okay
-her animals aren't in their beds
-it might be time to go to Papa and Grandma's house instead of sleeping
-it's actually time to get up, not time to sleep
-she already DID sleep
-we might need to go outside and make sure that Kermit is okay
-her animals aren't in their beds
-it might be time to go to Papa and Grandma's house instead of sleeping
***
![]() |
| Playing with my new Marble Run from my Heather friend! |
Driving in the car:
Elsie: "Look, Mama, it's Panera!"
Mama: "You are right! How did you know that was Panera?"
Elsie: "Because that is where Daddy brings me when we have special times! And I pay attention. And maybe Daddy can take me for another special time tomorrow!"
Elsie: "Look, Mama, it's Panera!"
Mama: "You are right! How did you know that was Panera?"
Elsie: "Because that is where Daddy brings me when we have special times! And I pay attention. And maybe Daddy can take me for another special time tomorrow!"



2 comments:
love the sleep reasons....
RJ
love the "no sleeping" reasons...... RJ
Post a Comment