 |
| So excited while they wait for class to start! |
 |
| Learning first position. |
 |
| Practicing walking on their toes- Elsie ran. |
 |
| Practicing sashaying...Elsie ran. |
 |
| Elsie was supposed to be on the teacher's left, but didn't want to be apart from Adah. |
 |
| I think this was the only point where Elsie was actually doing what she was supposed to be doing... |
Elsie and her friend Adah had their first ballet class together last week. After MONTHS of anticipation ("Can we please go to ballet class today, Mama? Well, can you at least sign me up for ballet class today so that I can go tomorrow?"), the big day finally arrived.
Elsie's actual performance in the class was less than stellar, but I am going to partially blame that on the fact that she did a road race a couple of days before, so she didn't quite understand why she should sashay or walk between the two lines in the room instead of RACING between them. Why practice walking slowly on your toes when you can RUN???
While following directions during ballet class wasn't exactly Elsie's forte, but she LOVED the experience and can't wait to go back again next week! I am hopeful that with another week's distance between her and the memories of the race, she will be a little more interested in actually doing the ballet lesson this time around...
No comments:
Post a Comment