Thursday, June 07, 2012

Visiting the animals!

Last week my friend Lucas and I went to the Humane Society to take a tour. It was so much fun! First I got to meet the "Behavior Dogs":


They aren't real, they just look real (I still really liked petting them and giving them hugs, though). The caretakers use them to help determine if new dogs who come to the shelter are aggressive with other animals.

After that we visited the horses, the chickens, the dogs, the cats, and the "critters." Here is a picture of me in the critter room, looking at all the animals:


There were lots of birds, fish, reptiles and amphibians, and LOTS of rodents. I liked the bunnies best!


After we visited all the animals who were looking for homes, our guide took us back to her office where she had three guinea pigs, a rat, and a snake. I got to pet them all!  I especially liked the soft, soft rat.

I wish all those animals we saw had homes of their own, but I sure am glad that they have such a nice place to stay until they find their forever homes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course you liked the bunnies best in the critters room! Mama and Dada should bring you to our bunny again!
Love Grandma C