Sunday, June 17, 2012

Verona Carnival

Last weekend we were looking for something fun to do, and decided to check out the Verona Hometown Days Carnival. What a great event!


I wanted Daddy to carry me at first...I loved watching all the big carnival rides, but there were a lot of people, too!  We spent a lot of time at the two petting zoo tents.  At the Herpetology tent, I petted lizards and iguanas and snakes, plus I got to see huge tortoises up close.



There was  a nice lady doing face painting for the Madison Herpetology Society, and she painted a kitty on my hand for me (even though a kitty isn't really a reptile).  We also went to the regular petting zoo.  I loved the alpaca, but he was kind of skittish.


There were also goats, a donkey, a sheep, and a potbellied pig that shared a cage with a gigantic Flemish Lop rabbit.  So cute!




On the way back to our car, we spotted a carousel.  Daddy took me on a ride- it was the most fun I had ever had!  I was so sad when the ride was over that Mama agreed to take me once, too.


I can't wait until the carnival comes back again next year!

No comments: