Thursday, August 01, 2013

Elsie's first injury!


A few days ago I was playing at the playground and fell when I was jumping off a little platform.  It was really scary, and my foot really hurt when I tried to get up.  Mama pushed me home in the stroller (and I was really glad she always carries a disposable ice pack in our diaper bag).  Auntie Manda gave us some good over-the-phone doctor triage, and I felt a little bit better (it's awfully nice to have a doctor in the family!).  I didn't really want to walk on my foot that night, and the next morning, I still didn't want to step on my toes.  Off to the doctor we went, and I got my first injury diagnosis: sprained ankle.  Ouch!


My official treatment plan is no jumping, running, or going to the park (really-my doctor actually said that!) for three-to-five days, or longer if it still hurts.  When he asked if I understood, I said, "No."  How can I not run or jump or GO TO THE PARK for five days?  That's crazy!

He told my Mama that I would naturally avoid doing things that would hurt my ankle, but it turns out I would rather run with a very bad limp than not run at all.  I do have this cool band-aid (ace wrap) to wear, though!  I panicked when Mama first put in on ("MAMA, I CAN"T SEE MY HEEL!  NOOO!  I CAN'T SEE MY HEEL!"), but I don't mind it any more.

I keep trying to convince Mama and Daddy that I am all better so we can go to the park, but so far they aren't believing me.  I am still limping a little bit, but today will likely be my last day of restricted play.  I will be free to climb again tomorrow!  I can't wait!

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Poor Elsie! I'm glad to hear she's on the mend and will be hitting the playground again soon.

Kate said...

Oh no! :( Hope it's all better soon!

Anonymous said...

Too bad! Hope Elsie is back to norma by now!
Ann