Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May Quotes by Elsie

 
Came around the corner to see this by the front door....Elsie explained that she was preparing to set sail on a boat and was "packing."  At least she knew to include a large number of underwear.

***
Mama:  "Elsie, do you want to go to the Gym today, or the Children's Museum?"
Elsie:  "The Gym!  Elsie LOVES the Gym!"
Later that day, on the way home from the Gym, where she had a great time:
Elsie:  "Mama, I think I didn't want to go to the Gym.  I think now I would rather go to the Museum.  Now we better go to the Children's Museum instead..."

***

Letter Elsie dictated to me to write to her cousin, Campbell, when new baby Piper arrived:
"My mama told me that you have a new baby sister.  When I first had a new baby sister I was sometimes really sad.  Are you sad?  I made you a friendly monster so you feel better.  Now my Baby Sylvie is bigger and I am really happy!"

***

Sweeping with Daddy- her t-shirt reads "Daddy Rocks!"
***

"Mama, are you drinking coffee in Kermit Car?  Please be careful!  Do not spill your coffee all over Kermit!  Be really careful, because the road makes Kermit bump, bump, bump and you do not want to spill on accident!"

***

While driving in the car...
Elsie:  "Mama, did you know that five plus one is SIX, and five plus two is SEVEN?"
Mama:  "That's right!"
Elsie:  "And did you know that five plus three is EIGHT?"
Mama:  "Where did you learn that, Elsie?"
Elsie:  "I just knowed it."

***

Mama:  "Elsie, you are just so lovely.  What would I ever do without you?"
Elsie:  "Mama, you would probably sleep."
So true....

***



***
Walking into REI:
"Mama, all these bikes are SO BEAUTIFUL!" 

***

Making ice cream, and adding toppings:
"...and pecans, and blueberries, and peanuts, and APPLE NUTS!"

***



***

Elsie: "Mama, sing the Red Moon Song...'O red moon, O red moon'.  You sang it to me when I was just a little baby!"
Mama: "I don't remember that.  I don't think I know the Red Moon Song- how does it go?"
Elsie:  "Hmmm.  I don't know, either.  When I grow really, really big, then I will know it, and I will sing it to you!"
***
Elsie's first joke:
Daddy:  "Elsie, guess who is coming to breakfast with us?  Uncle G and Auntie Kristin!"
Elsie:  "But Elsie doesn't LIKE Auntie Kristin!"
Daddy:  "You don't like Auntie Kristin?  Since when?"
Elsie:  "Hee hee hee hee hee!  Elsie DO like Auntie Kristin!"


***
Add the zoo- Sylvie's first stroller ride without her carseat!

***
In the tub, while playing with giraffe and lion animals, after a disturbing noise emerged:
Mama:  "Elsie, was that a toot or a poop?"
Elsie:  "That was just bubbles coming out of my bottom."
Mama:  "What were those bubbles doing in your bottom?"
Elsie:  "Those naughty bubbles were teasing my animals!"

***

Being an adorable "Newsie"/bear, complete with Pooh Bear sticker.


2 comments:

Kate said...

"Mama you would just sleep" - I love this one! :) So cute and true!!

Anonymous said...

Love the "packing" for her boat trip!
Grandma C (Ma)