Elsie: "Too much!"
Elsie: "You would just be sad."
***
***
Elsie: "Mama, what are you doing?"
Mama: "I'm looking at dinosaurs on the computer. Daddy and I thought we might get you a dinosaur for your birthday. Would you like that?"
Elsie: "Yes! And after my birthday, that dinosaur can teach me how to rollerskate."
***
After waking with a bad dream:
"Maybe this bed can try, try, try, and it will grow big, really big, big enough for you to sleep in, Mama! As big as Baby Campbell's big bed! And you can sleep here with Elsie, and then Elsie won't be scared anymore!"
"Maybe this bed can try, try, try, and it will grow big, really big, big enough for you to sleep in, Mama! As big as Baby Campbell's big bed! And you can sleep here with Elsie, and then Elsie won't be scared anymore!"
***
"Look! Elsie's Little Baby's jammies have so many manatees on them!"
***
Some of Elsie's night time worries: What if the moon breaks?
What if my wall gets a crack in it and the moon shines in and wakes me?
What if my ladybug breaks?
What if my music stops playing and I don't know that it is sleeping time any more?
What if the sun doesn't come up and it is never morning time?
***
***
Playing "doctor" and "checking" her animals...we may have to talk about how breathing works:
"Your eyes are okay. Your ears are okay. Your heart is okay. No more breathing...you are okay!"
***
Upon waking on a dark, rainy morning, I asked if Elsie wanted to turn on her bedroom light so she could see to play:
"Mama, I can't turn on the light. Then it will be night time, and we will have to go back to sleep, and I want it to be UP time! When the light is on, then the moon will come out and the sun will go to sleep and it will be sleeping time! I don't want it to be sleeping time!"
***
While trying on a pair of jeans that were three inches too short:
Mama: "Elsie, you are growing so fast! You are getting really tall!"
Elsie: "Yes. Elsie is a very tall man."
***
***
While eating a flower shaped cookie, breaking off a corner:
"Mama, how about you and I take this piece of cookie outside and plant it in the ground? Then this piece of cookie will grow into a plant, and that plant will grow lots of cookies, and then I can eat LOTS of flower cookies that are so yummy and make my tummy happy!"
***
Conversation while Daddy tucked Elsie in at night:
Daddy: "Okay, Elsie, I am going to sing you one song before bed."
Elsie: "Well, Mama said you were going to sing me....hmmm....FOUR songs!"
Daddy: "Really? Maybe I should go check with Mama. Should I go ask her?"
Elsie: "Well...maybe she said you were going to sing me...ummmm....TWO songs...?"
Elsie: "Where is Daddy?"
Mama: "Daddy is trying on a special suit that he is going to wear at Uncle G and Auntie Kristin's big party. Daddy is going to wear a special suit, and Uncle G will wear a special suit, and Auntie Kristin will wear a special dress. We will all go to the big party, and we will sing and dance and have cake and help Uncle G and Auntie Kristin celebrate their special day."
Elsie: "Hmm. Well, do you think Elsie can bring a game to the special party? And I can sit in a big person chair and play my game at the party, and Baby Sylvie can watch me play? That would be a fun party."
***
Mama: "Daddy is trying on a special suit that he is going to wear at Uncle G and Auntie Kristin's big party. Daddy is going to wear a special suit, and Uncle G will wear a special suit, and Auntie Kristin will wear a special dress. We will all go to the big party, and we will sing and dance and have cake and help Uncle G and Auntie Kristin celebrate their special day."
Elsie: "Hmm. Well, do you think Elsie can bring a game to the special party? And I can sit in a big person chair and play my game at the party, and Baby Sylvie can watch me play? That would be a fun party."
***
***
***
***
Elsie: "Mama, what are you wearing?"
Mama: "I am wearing my pajamas, just like you. My pajamas have owls on them."
Elsie: "I am wearing elephant pajamies. They are fuzzy, brown elephant pajamies! You don't have any elephant pajamies, so we will have to get you some. We don't match. If you had elephant pajamies, then we could match! That would be nice."
***![]() |
| Someone is growing lots of long, red, curly hair! |
On a morning where Andy left for work before Elsie woke up, but left french toast waiting for her on the counter:
"Where is Elsie's Daddy? I know Elsie's Daddy is here because I smell
pancakes! Where is Daddy? Noooo! These are NOT pancakes! Elsie wants
pancakes! These are....yummy!"
***
While I am stroking Elsie's hair in bed:
"Mama, please don't pet my hair. You will put tangles in my hair, and I do not want tangles at bedtime. Here, you can pet chicken instead! Chicken doesn't have any hair, so he can't get tangles."
***
"Elsie's little baby wants Elsie's cookie! Little Baby, you can't have any big kid treats. You have to grow big first! You will have to drink lots and lots of milk, so that you can grow big and tall like Elsie. Then you can have big kid treats, too! I will save this piece of cookie for you for when you grow big."



3 comments:
That Elsie...always thinking! She is so funny! And so smart, like all my grand kids! :)
Love, Grandma C ( Ma)
these are adorable! :) I love the one about planting the cookie!!! If only that would work!
We're also interested in the cookie tree.
Post a Comment