Friday, February 08, 2013

Early spring meditations...on babies, weather, and potty chairs.

As Daddy is leaving for work in the morning:
"Be careful, Daddy!  It's icy outside!  Be careful out there!"


***
While being tucked in for nap time:
"Mama, please don't go to the hospital to have the baby while I am sleeping, okay?  Okay, good night!"

Two minutes later, after "nap," leaning in to rest her head on my belly:
"Mama!  All done with nap time!   Elsie got up from nap early!  Baby?  Are you still in there?  You did not come out during nap time?  Okay, good.  Later Mama and Daddy and Elsie and Baby can all go to the hop-itals (hospital) together." 

*** 
At bedtime, talking with Mama about plans for the morning:
 "....and after yoga, we'll go to the Co-op and I will need you to be my big helper."

"No, Mama!  That's Elsie and Daddy's store (Trader Joe's)!  You can't go there!"

"Well, this is a different store.  You've never been there with Daddy."

"Hm.  Okay.  Then I will be a big helper, and I will not need a cart.  Elsie can be a walker!  But first I will have to use the potty chair."

"You need to use it right now?"

"No, Mama.  In the morning, when we wake up I will have to use the potty.  Then we will go to yoga, then the store, and we will probably need to buy a treat at the store because Elsie will know right where they are."

***

While running errands in a wintry precipitation mix:
Mama:  "Look at this crazy weather we are having!  It is snowing and raining at the same time!  Who would have thought that we would need an umbrella in January?"

Elsie:  "Grandma RJ."

***

During bath time, while washing the wall with soap bubbles:
"Mama, how will we ever get this wall clean?  This (foam) whale needs to go on the wall, but not until it is all clean.  Mama, maybe the baby should be born right now.  It is Elsie's bath time, so it is a good time to be born.  Maybe we should get Daddy so he knows.  Da-ddy!  Baby is going to be born!  Da-ddy!  Come here right now, please!"


***

"Ma-ma!  Elsie has to make a pooper in the potty chair!  These big kid pants have Mickey Mouse on them, so I can't poop in my pants or Mickey would be sad.  Mama, look- is Mickey sad or happy?  He must be happy, because I did NOT make poopers on him.  Hello, Mickey Mouse!  I am glad you are happy!  Hooray!"

***

"Mama, Elsie wants to cuddle up with you!  Mama, you stay here in your room, and don't go.  I will be back in two minutes.  Don't come in Elsie's room, because I am going to be very, very sti-nky on my potty!"


2 comments:

Kate said...

Love these!! :)

Ellen said...

These are all so funny! I think my favorite is when she had to let Andy know the baby was going to be born right now!