Monday, November 19, 2012

Autumn Quotes

While trick-or-treating at a friend's house, Elsie received a full-sized Starburst package which she was VERY excited about.  Walking toward another house on the way home, we decided to "practice" the polite things to say ("trick or treat", thank you)....

Daddy:  Elsie, let's practice our manners.  Knock, knock...now what do you say?
Elsie:  Elsie wants a really, really big treat?

***

After the fifth round of Ring Around The Rosies...
 
Elsie:  Again!
Daddy (as Elsie begins to run in circles):  Okay, but you sing this time.
Elsie:  No, Daddy sing!
Daddy:  I've sung it a few times already.  It's your turn to sing.
Elsie:  No, Daddy,  I'm too busy running.  You will have to sing.

***

Elsie:  Oh, my goodness!  Mama, I think Elmo has a baby in his tummy just like you do!  Elmo has a boy baby in his tummy.  I think Elmo is pretty silly!

***

Elsie:  I want to go to Papa's house!
Mama:  What is your favorite thing about going to Papa's house?
Elsie:  Dino Dinosaur!  And Mama, I really like Grandma Julie, too.

***

I went in to the doctor to get some blood drawn, and asked Elsie to hold my hand and help me be brave (mostly to keep her out of trouble while I was in the chair).  Afterwards, this was our conversation:

Mama:  That you for holding my hand so nicely and helping me be brave!
Elsie:  Mama, you're brave all by your own self. 


2 comments:

Ellen said...

These are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Love it!
Grandma C